Everything is starting to blossom and turn green this time of year...and we are so close to St. Patrick's Day! These Mini Matcha Pancakes with Autumn Apple Topping have a mild green tea flavor that is perfectly complemented with the apple topping and light spices. And the color? Pretty great for a themed St. Patrick's Day breakfast, especially with some fun decorations! Serve with a mimosa and brunch away!
Mini Matcha Pancakes with Apple Topping
- 1 cup pancake mix of choice (we used The Pancake from Josie's Best Gluten Free)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Autumn Apple Fruit Spread
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the pancake mix according to package directions. Fold in the melted butter, matcha, and a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make the apple topping by heating a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the apple, Autumn Apple Fruit Spread, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until the apples are tender. Stir in the vanilla and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Cook the pancakes on a skillet or griddle over medium heat in a greased pan. Add 1-2 tbsp batter to the pan for each mini pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- If desired, assemble the pancakes with fun St. Patrick’s day toothpicks to serve!
Thanks to @kaylajoycreative for the lovely recipe and photos!