Baked Brie with Caramelized Red Onion & Blackberry Aronia Fruit Spread
The easiest winter snack and appetizer! Sweet and savory baked, buttery brie with our Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread and carmelized onions. The sweet Columbia Star Blackberries, light notes of lavender, and sautéed red onion complement each other to make the perfect bite with local charcuterie and crackers.
- 1 brie wheel (with rind)
- 1 tsp honey
- Cracked black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Mt. Hope Farms Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Pinch of sea salt
Serving Side Options
- Sourdough crackers
- Fig & olive crackers
- Rice Crackers
- Other cheeses
- Take the brie wheel out of the fridge for 30 minutes before baking. Do this while making your onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the onions and a pinch of salt.
- Saute the onions on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes. Once they are soft and caramelized, remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a small sheet pine lined with parchment paper, place your brie wheel in the center. Using a knife, score the brie in diagonal lines, repeat the opposite directions.
- Drizzle the brie evenly with the teaspoon of honey and top with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until soft. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overbake and melt.
- Take the brie out of the oven and place it on the serving board.
- Top with 2-3tbsp of the Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread, the caramelized onions, and garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with desired sides immediately.
Thank you to @kaylajoycreative for the wonderful recipe and photos!