Dutch Baby Pancakes. They seem way more complicated than they are! I always forget about them, but they are so fun to make (and eat) in our cast iron skillet. Plus, our boys love watching them puff up in the oven right before we take them out and slather the whole thing with fruit spread (we suggest our Blackberry Aronia Lavender or our Spiced Marionberry). If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can use a pie plate. Want to learn how? Here you go!
Ingredients (this is for a 12 inch skillet):
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter (use salted if you're in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread (for the topping, so this can be to your taste)
- Blend all ingredients together, except for the butter and fruit spread, in a blender for about 10-15 seconds. Scrape the sides if necessary- you want a smooth batter. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place your cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up as well.
- When oven is up to temperature, carefully remove the skillet and add the butter. Swirl the butter in the pan to coat as much of it as possible. Pour the batter mixture, in your blender, over the top of the butter.
- Put back into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the Dutch Baby is puffed up and golden brown. Slather with room temperature Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread (or any fruit spread, really). Cut into wedges, serve hot!