It's officially...baking season!
We've teamed up with our friends at Josie's Best Gluten Free to make these flaky, buttery, berry sweet strudel pies! Perfect for an after school snack or a make ahead breakfast. Bake them up and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee, or vanilla bean ice cream if you want a fun dessert!
Homemade Gluten Free Strudel Pies
Recipe makes 8 Pies
- 1 1/2 cups Josie’s Best GF Muffin & More mix
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or shortening, slightly frozen
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Egg Wash Mixture
Follow the Pie Crust steps at josiesbestgf.com to make your dough using the ingredients listed above.
- Roll out your dough into a 6x4 rectangle shape. Grate the remaining ½ cup of butter over the dough, press it in gently.
- Fold pie crust in half and then in half again. Use parchment paper if needed to assist.
- Wrap it saran wrap & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1,3 and 4, TWO more times.
- On the final time, roll it out to 1/4 thickness & cut into rectangles.
- Add about 1 TBSP of Mt. Hope Farms Fruit Spread in middle of rectangle & then fold your rectangle (close it).
- Make your egg wash: Use 1 egg + 1/4 cup half & half. Whisk together & paint pies with pastry brush.
- Pinch edges closed. Cut slits on tops & sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.