It's October...and time for our Marionberry Mummy Pie Cookie Recipe!
It's feeling a little spooky with the falling leaves, dark nights and windy weather on the farm! Our kids love this time of year and we hope we can get some trick or treating in with family. What else do they love? These Marionberry Mummy Pie Cookies (say that 3 times fast)! Fun to make, these never turn out perfect, and that's the point. It gives us a chance to be creative and for their little hands to help. They love adding the eyes once everything is cooled down, giving them a cute monster look! Try them, and have fun!
- 2 Refrigerated pre-made pie crusts (usually there are 2 in a box)
- 1 Jar Mt. Hope Farms Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spread
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or with a Silpat Liner.
- If refrigerated, take the pie crust out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Unroll on parchment paper or a floured countertop.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a round glass or cookie cutter, cut out an even number of circles. We ended up with 24, but it will vary, based on the size of cutter. Place half of the circles on prepared baking sheet.
- On a cutting board, slice the remaining circles into thin strips that will become the mummy "wraps" on the pie cookie.
- Place one tablespoon of fruit spread in the middle of each circle on the cookie sheet. Make sure there is a border around the edges as it will spread out during baking.
- Take the cut dough strips and begin covering the fruit spread and bottom dough circle, making it resemble a mummy's wraps. Lightly press down on the ends of the strips to stick them to the base circle.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with a small amount of milk. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the cookies.
- Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes. Cool completely and add the candy eyes. Enjoy!