Working with other farmers and crafters, helping to promote the agricultural spirit of Oregon, is one of our favorite parts of the business. One of the crafters that we admire so much is Durant Olive Mill. They are the premier purveyor of Oregon milled Extra Virgin Olive Oil and home to the only Olioteca in the Pacific Northwest. Their olive oils are incredible, and one of the best ways to use them (in our opinion) is combining them with Oregon berries to create salad dressings, for baking and for holiday dishes. So, we decided an Oregon Fall Harvest Salad with Raspberry Marionberry Vinaigrette was the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving...or the perfect lunch!
Want to make this extra Oregon and extra local? For the goat cheese use Portland Creamery and for the dried cranberries, Vincent Family Cranberries. Local is always a great first choice!
Bon appétit and happy fall!
Oregon Fall Harvest Salad with Raspberry Marionberry Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Mt. Hope Farms Raspberry Marionberry Fruit Spread
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup Durant Arbequina EVOO
Salad Ingredients - makes 2-4 servings
- 5 cups mixed greens
- ½ apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp Raspberry Marionberry Vinaigrette
- To make the dressing, combine the shallots and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Let that sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, whisk in the fruit spread, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Continue whisking while you pour in the olive oil. Whisk until the dressing is completely combined.
- To make the salad, combine the mixed greens, apple, walnuts, pecans, and cranberries. Toss to mix.
- Add the goat cheese and vinaigrette and toss until completely combined.
Recipe and all photos are by the talented @kaylajocreative (follow her on Instagram)!