Our family loves to take a mid morning break for coffee during the winter. This Spiced Marionberry Quick Bread perfectly pairs with a hot cup of coffee and our boys love eating a slice for an afternoon snack. It's not hard to make, but you will want to watch your baking time and check it closely towards the end. Let us know how you like it!
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream (you can use regular or fat free)
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached wheat flour (we used Shepherd's Grain)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and sour cream together until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture from above until blended.
- Spread half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Spoon Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spread on top of the batter, keeping away from the edges. Spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. It may take 5 to 10 more minutes to bake, depending on your oven. Keep checking and remove when a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let bread cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix ingredients for the glaze together. Drizzle over cooled bread. Enjoy!