An easy, hearty dinner recipe that brings just a little comfort to your week. This one pot meal can be served with a green salad, or roasted veggies...or maybe just some freshly baked bread and a glass of white wine? Whatever you choose, this is a great dish to add to your meal planning rotation! Cozy up and enjoy!
Need a jar of Heritage Apple? Go here and we'll send it straight from the farm to your door!
Apple Braised Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large chicken thighs, bone-in & skin-on
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Mt. Hope Farms Heritage Apple Fruit Spread
- 12 oz hard apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken thighs. Sear the chicken thighs in the heated pan on each side for about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the butter. Once melted, add the shallot and garlic. Saute for about 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut aminos, dijon, and Heritage Apple Fruit Spread. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the hard apple cider and deglaze the pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the chicken thighs back into the pan, skin side up. Place in the oven to braise for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through completely.
- Garnish and serve alongside your favorite side dish!
This recipe, and the lovely photos, are by @kaylajoycreative!