Love coconut and lime...with a splash of pineapple juice? Add some syrup made with our Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread, and it's even better! This drink is a snap to make, and the colors are beautiful, especially on a cold January day. When you pop open this lovely spread, you smell bright Columbia Star Blackberries, earthy Aronia Berries, and subtle lavender. It brings us back to summer in the Willamette Valley!
We'll be drinking these for the 2021 Good Food Awards Celebration this Friday! We are up for two awards this year- one for our Blackberry Aronia Lavender and another for our Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spreads! Cross your fingers for us!
Leave out the tequila if you'd rather not have the alcohol- this still tastes amazing!
Coconut Lime Margaritas with Blackberry Aronia Syrup
Ingredients - Makes 1
Blackberry Aronia Lavender “Syrup”
- 2 tbsp Blackberry Aronia Lavender Fruit Spread
- 2-4 tbsp water
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1.5 oz pure coconut cream
- 1 oz pure pineapple juice
- 2 oz tequila
- Blackberries and lime to garnish
- Whisk together the fruit spread and water. Start with 2 tbsp of water and whisk until you reach a thick syrup-like consistency.
- In a cocktail shaker add the lime juice, coconut cream, pineapple juice, tequila, and one ice cube.
- Place the lid on and shake vigorously until you can’t hear the ice cube anymore. This is so you don’t water down the coconut cream by shaking with too much ice.
- Fill your serving glass with ice and strain/pour the margarita into the glass.
- Top with a little bit of the blackberry aronia lavender “syrup”. Swirl, garnish, and enjoy!
Thank you to @kaylajoycreative for the lovely pictures and recipe!
This was yummy as a mocktail.