Filling, hearty...salad? Yep, this one is! It's so good during these colder months. Using our fruit spreads as part of a dressing is one of our favorite ways to enjoy them. Enjoy!
Harvest Chicken Cobb Salad
Ingredients - serves 4
- 8 cups mixed greens or other lettuce of choice
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced or diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced and roasted
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 12oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Heritage Apple Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Heritage Apple Fruit Spread
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp water, or as needed for consistency
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients for the dressing. Whisk well to combine. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, secure the lid, and shake well to combine. Add water as needed for thinner consistency.
- Assemble the salads: Divide the mixed greens into 4 serving bowls. Top each salad with an equal amount of chicken breast, roasted butternut squash, hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, pecans, and blue cheese.
- Drizzle each salad with desired amount of Heritage Apple Dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy immediately!
Thank you to @kaylajoycreative for the lovely photos and recipe!