Spiced Marionberry Cupcakes (recipe and photo by Eye Doc Bakes)
Danielle, founder, baker and fantastic photographer at Eye Doc Bakes created this fabulous recipe for us, using our our Spiced Marionberry Fruit Spread. These are the perfect treat on a fall afternoon!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 12 tsp Mt. Hope Farms Spiced Marionberry
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8oz cream cheese
- 3.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Mt. Hope Farms Spiced Marionberry spread + 2 tsp more for piping
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and granulated sugar until sugar dissolves. Mix in ricotta, egg, milk, and vanilla fully.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 12 cupcake liners in your muffin tin. Fill liners 3/4 full with batter. Use a teaspoon to add 1 tsp of the Mt. Hope Farms Spiced Marionberry spread to the top of each cupcake batter. Swirl in with a toothpick.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (it may come out with some marionberry spread, that is ok- just no batter!)
- Remove and let cool completely. While it cools- make the frosting.
- Cut butter into cubes. In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream the butter. Add in the cream cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
- Next add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix. Add the vanilla extract and then 1tsp of the spiced marionberry spread. Mix until smooth. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- In your piping bag, use a small spoon to spread the marionberry up and down three sides. Then fill with frosting, and using a tip of your choice, frost the cupcakes in a swirl pattern. Top with some more of the Spiced Marionberry spread and a fresh marionberry on top. Enjoy!
Photo and recipe by Danielle at https://www.eyedocbakes.com